Glen Rothes Single Malt Scotch and Pumpkin pie will be our pairing this week!
GLEN ROTHES SINGLE MALT SCOTCH
- A Standard Glencairn Glass
- 2 oz Glen Rothes
- 1 whiskey ball/wedge (or preference, but both are ideal for on the rock drinks)
Place your 1-2 inch Whiskey ball inside of your glass and gradually pour your Glen Rothes over it ensuring a smooth and even temperature distribution to your beverage!
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE
- 1 Medium Pie Pumpkin
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 in.)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Whipped Cream (“optional”, pfft yeah right!)
- Cut pumpkin in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place cut side down in microwave-safe dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and Microwave for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, roll out pastry to fit a 9-in pie plate. transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond the edge of the plate; flute edges. Set aside.
- Drain Pumpkin. When cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp and mash. Set aside 1-3/4 cups (save remaining pumpkin for another use.
- In large bowl, Combine the mashed pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in milk. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake until a knife can be inserted in the middle and comes back out clean. let bake 40-50 min longer. Cover edges with foil during the last 30 min to prevent over browning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, pipe whipped cream around the edge of pie using a star tip, refrigerate leftovers.
Harp, Christy. “Fresh Pumpkin Pie.” Taste of Home, 1 Jan. 2018, www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/fresh-pumpkin-pie/.